Monday, April 5, 2010

physical education


im comfortable here..
yesterday i was in the tanner building for a meeting with my market research team and it felt good.
it felt like home.
second block i started a class... a class NOT in the tanner... for the first time since my freshman year... and yesterday i realized it does not feel like home.

i'm comfortable studying balance sheets, and being the only girl in some of my classes.
i'm comfortable listening to lectures about market trends and economics.
i like going to class at 8 in the morning.. never having to worry about a parking spot [and frequently sneaking by in faculty parking]

i think this is something college does to you.. you forget what it's like to be forced into 12 years of PE.
instead, you get to choose your classes, and eventually they all seem to "go" together...
part of me loves this. and another part of me hates that i feel out of place studying british history. i used to love history- i used to be good at it...

but now i sit through class wishing for a GM or EBAY case study.

since when am i so stuck in my routine that i resist change??...
since when am i an adult?

No comments: