Friday, May 14, 2010

wellies.

we didn't get home last night till pretty late, so we were up all night doing homework! but lucky for me, I can never sleep here, so staying up till 4 and getting up at 7 is no problem... [gross] today was another class day. in politics we talked about political parties, and in english we discussed renaissance literature.

after class a big group of us went on the "Chelsea, the walk of Superstars" walk for our London walks class. it was really fun to be with everyone and see places where some pretty amazing people have lived. every five seconds i thought someone was trying to get my attention! but the best part was that i found a street in the borough of CHELSEA called ROBINSON street. coincidence? definitely not. i was made for this place.

afterwards I met up with Rupert and his family to drive to their house in Marlborough. i don't think i could even describe to you how beautiful the drive was! i'm completely convinced the english countryside is the most beautiful thing. Well... next to Loyd family house. and Mr. Loyd's music selection. i feel like i'm in heaven right now. every room looks like the catalogue pictures i always dreamed of. there is art on every wall, and curtains in every room that i could just die for. [pictures to come] outside is as green as ever, and i dont think anything could be more perfect.

and did i mention Mrs. Loyd is an absolutely amazing cook? positively i had the best dinner of my life this evening. we first had what was called "potted shrimp" [aka shrimp in butter] on toast. apparently it's a really english thing, and i really liked it. then we had potatoes, a scallions salad, asparagus and the best fish i've ever had. all cooked to perfection.

1 comment:

Whitney Jensen said...

Chelsea - I can't believe you restarted your blog! I had no idea, but luckily Taylor and Molly had a new post, and I saw your blog on theirs. I just spent 30 minutes catching up on all you've written. Those red licorice things you had - are they white on the inside? If yes, you must bring some home!!!! They are my favorite. Also, I've been sending e-mails to apparently your old e-mail address, and this morning when I checked my e-mail, I had "Failure" notices - they're not getting to you. Could you e-mail or text me your new address so I can re-send them? Thanks! Glad you're having fun - my advice: See all the broadway shows you can. London Broadway is THE BEST. Love you.